Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Getting ready...

Okay, so Around the Bay is on Sunday.  I'm really nervous, don't know why, but I am.  I've done lots of hill training, speed training and I know I can run the distance.  I would like to beat last year's time, but am not very hopeful.  For some reason I feel like I'm slower, but I don't think I am.  Weird.  Why do we, as runners, always doubt ourselves like this?  Maybe we don't want to be disappointed if we don't run as fast as we plan to.

So here's hoping that my training will kick in and all will go well.  Good luck to everyone else who is running it too!!  I will write an Around the Bay race report next week... stay tuned! 

5 comments:

  1. Looking forward to hearing your experience. I'm ONLY running the 5k;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! I'm always always nervous before a race. I'm sure you'll feel much better once you're moving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know exactly how you feel....I hate prerace, I always second guess myself, but once you actually start running, you will be fine....trust your training and just take that first step and everything will fall into place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. good luck at ATB! hope the sun in shining!

    ReplyDelete